Practicing the Wesleyan means of grace though conference, scholarship, and studying
- ELDA/UMCD work trip to Jamaica Christian School for the Deaf, September 7-16. Link to website.
- Abilities Expo, a free event, will be in several cities. Link to website.
- September 8-10, 2017, Boston
- October 27-29, 2017, San Mateo
- December 2-4, 2017, DC
- January 19-21, 2018, Toronto
- February 23-25, 2018, Los Angeles
- May 4-6, 2018, New York
- Pacific Rim International Conference on Disability and Diversity, October 9-11, 2017 in Waikiki Beach. Link to website.
- WISE Congregations for Mental Health Conference (UCC), October 20, 2017. Link to website.
- TASH Conference: December 13-15, 2017, Atlanta. Link to website.
- The International Day of Persons with Disabilities is December 3.
- March 1: Annual National Day of Mourning for disabled people killed by family members or others. Link to website.
- The United Nations General Assembly has named March 21 World Down Syndrome Day. This date was chosen because Down syndrome occurs when there are three copies of the 21st chromosome.
- The United Nations General Assembly has designated April 2 each year as World Autism Awareness Day.
- April 15 is National ASL Day, remembering the first Deaf school opening in 1817. Link to website.
- The 18th Annual Multiple Perspectives on Access, Inclusion, and Disability Conference: Ohio State University, Columbus, April 17-18, 2018. Link to website.
- May 17, 2018: Global Accessibility Awareness Day is the third Thursday each May. Link to website.
- Summer Institute on Theology and Disability: June 11-14, 2018, Raleigh NC. Link to website.
- July 22-29, 2018: UMCD-UMDHM-ECD-ELDA joint meeting, LasVegas NV. Advance information.
- August 2-6, 2021
Fifth Global Methodist Missions Conference, Rio de Janeiro (Teresopolis), Brazil.
Return to main page
By reporting on issues of concern to people with disabilities, Disability Ministries Committee of the United Methodist Church, the United Methodist Committee on Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing Ministries, and the United Methodist Association of Ministers with Disabilities do not attempt to influence legislation, nor do they favor, oppose, endorse, participate in or otherwise intervene in political campaigns. All items of a political nature are reports only, and are open equally to all candidates. For information see IRS FS-2006-17.